Over the past year, we’ve invested in new education content and technology platforms to help college counselors and admission professionals be successful. At the heart of our work is the belief that responding to our members’ needs and providing value is what will make the association and our profession strong.
With more than 25,000 members now relying on NACAC to optimize their practices, our ambitions around providing the best education and content have only gotten bigger. That’s why we’re excited to announce the launch of the NACAC Podcast Network, a new audio destination that is home to eight great shows representing a wide range of perspectives. Together, this collection covers the scope of college admission from the student, family, counselor, and college perspective.
The inaugural members of the network are:
- ALP: The Admissions Leadership Podcast – Ken Anselment hosts a series of one-on-one conversations with guests about climbing the leadership mountain in the world of college admission.
- College Admissions Decoded – Created by NACAC, every episode features insiders breaking down the facts, myths, and rules of engagement for today’s college landscape.
- The College Essay Guy Podcast: A Practical Guide to College Admissions – Ethan Sawyer (aka College Essay Guy) aims to bring more ease, joy, purpose, and access to the college admission process by interviewing college admission experts and distilling their advice into practical steps for college-bound students and their counselors.
- The Crush – Davin Sweeney is a college counselor who thinks “the crush” sums up the way most people feel about college and college admission. Experiences with higher education are fundamentally human ones, and this interview series explores this world with experts in a diverse range of fields.
- Get Schooled by Reeves & Ford – Chris Reeves and Joel Ford are high school counselors who spend a lot of time on college admission. Working with students and talking about college admission are their favorite things to do! They discuss key topics and bring on experts to highlight the issues they care about.
- Getting In: A College Coach Conversation – Tune in each week for expert insights as hosts Elizabeth Heaton, Ian Fisher, and Sally Ganga chat with former admission and financial aid officers. They offer candid, behind-the-scenes talk about courses to take, financial aid, myths about admission decisions, and more.
- Inside the Admissions Office: Advice from Former Admissions Officers – This podcast features interviews with former admission officers, graduates from top universities, and admission experts. Each episode is filled with application tips and first-hand accounts to help students get into their dream school.
- RB’s 300 Sec Podcast – Hosted by Ramon Blakley, this podcast is educational, thought-provoking, spiritual, and entertaining. It is 300 seconds/5 minutes of inspiration. This show celebrates people who have faced challenges and roadblocks, overcame them, and continue to push forward.
The NACAC Podcast Network brings together the best shows about college admission — all in one place. It will help introduce people to new shows, episodes, and thinkers who can help students find the best college fit, assist counselors in providing the most up-to-date advice, and support colleges seeking to adopt the most current and inclusive practices.
We’re excited to keep adding new podcasts to the network so our audience can get the best content from whoever can serve them best.
We will continue to be the premier source of education for the college admission field. We want to shine a light on the experts, organizations, and leaders who have overcome obstacles and have remarkable things to say. We want to make sure our members understand the latest trends and what those trends mean for their careers and profession.
We want to ensure all members have the content they need in whatever medium they choose to consume it, whether it’s a blog post, newsletter, podcast, or video. With the creation of the College Admissions Decoded podcast series in 2019, and by launching our podcast network, we’re working to ensure that NACAC members get the best content from within the association and also from podcast producers who can educate and inspire them.